Job Title: Acceleration program coordinator
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Closing Date: Monday, 13th of December.
JOB DESCRIPTION – Acceleration program coordinator
WELCOME TO OUR COMMUNITY
We believe that bottom-up innovation is the key to development and the creation of a better future for Rwanda and for the world. We are passionate about bringing together entrepreneurs, creatives, and all drivers of positive social change. We envision Impact Hub Kigali as the center of the social enterprise community in Kigali. With our community workspace, countless events, and impactful innovation programs, we believe we will all become greater than our collective individual parts.
WHAT WE DO
Impact Hubs catalyze a vibrant community, meaningful content, and an inspiring space to help you move from intention to impact. While every Impact Hub offers a collaborative space and supportive working environment, each has its own unique local flavor. Impact Hubs are curators of physical and virtual work and social spaces designed to help materialize your vision for a better world–offering a unique mix of infrastructure, connections, inspiration, and learning for people who want to move their ideas from intention to impact.
Impact Hub Kigali provides three distinct elements:
- A physical space that offers a flexible infrastructure to work, meet, learn and connect
- Countless events facilitating connections, inspiring and fostering social innovation
- Innovation programs to support entrepreneurs and build an innovation ecosystem
Acceleration program coordinator
As an acceleration program coordinator, you support the team in the successful implementation of our acceleration programs. You work closely with the IHK team as well as collaborate and liaise with our program partners. This is a full-time position and you report to the Managing Director.
At Impact Hub Kigali we run programs to support entrepreneurs and build a strong and collaborative innovation ecosystem. Some examples of our programs include incubation and acceleration programs, boot camps, hackathons, Design Thinking workshops, entrepreneurship trainings, and mapping exercises.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
As an ideal acceleration program coordinator, you exhibit the following qualities and provide proof of the following experience:
- University graduate with at least 3 years of work experience in managing/coordinating programs or projects
- Proven experience in coordinating acceleration programs for entrepreneurs/startups
- Experience in the Kigali social/entrepreneurial sector; ideally experience working with startups in the food and agriculture sector
- Experience in project management, from conception to delivery
- Hands-on experience with project management tools (e.g. Basecamp or Trello)
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking, time-management, and attention to detail
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively and to work independently / take initiative
- Experience facilitating meetings, sessions, or workshops
- Fluency in English is required. Ability to speak French and/or a local language is highly preferred.
- Commitment of at least 2 years
- Passionate about innovation, entrepreneurship, and sustainability topics and eagerness to learn and grow
- Knowledge of Design Thinking and human-centered design approaches is a plus
As an acceleration program coordinator, you support the team in the successful coordination of programs, particularly acceleration programs. Your responsibilities include supporting the design of the acceleration program, engaging experts and trainers, selecting & supporting the startups in their acceleration journey, engaging with the program partners, maintaining project and financial documentation. Specific tasks include:
- Liaise with the team and align on program implementation activities
- Design acceleration program, including curriculum and program activities (e.g. training sessions, workshops, mentorship support, etc)
- Engage and coordinate with facilitators and mentors to support program implementation
- Promote open call for application and shortlist entrepreneurs and startups that meet the program’s criteria
- Act as the point of contact for the startups taking part in the acceleration program
- Coordinate events that are part of the acceleration program – this includes Pitch Events or Demo Days
- Assign tasks to the internal IHK program team and assist with schedule management
- Monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of program activities
- Create and maintain comprehensive program documentation, plans, and reports
- Help prepare financial reports
- Network with the Kigali entrepreneurship community and stay up to date with what is happening in the ecosystem
- Fill out the application form and attach your CV (not more than 2 pages) through this link: https://forms.gle/e98ZgiAX24S1UbWg7
- Deadline for submission of application: Monday, 13th of December
- Do not submit a cover letter.